Purchase guide and practical tips for choosing the ideal chainsaw. Our warehouse is full with many models ready for delivery, powered by a gasoline engine or electric. Cutting and pruning chainsaws. Famous brands such as McCulloch, Alpina, Stihl, Castor and many others are in stock and all available. 24-hour shipping by express courier.
Purchase guide: chainsaw, which one to choose?
The chainsaw is a tool used to cut various kinds of lumber. It is used to perform all those jobs that otherwise would be tiring, difficult and repetitive.
Before proceeding with the purchase of the chainsaw there are into account to make the right choice .
What do I need a chainsaw for?
This is the first thing to take into consideration since the use of chainsaw affects the type of tool you need to buy; in this regard, we divide the chainsaws into two types :
It is the classic chainsaw and is used for many types of work, such as:
- Cutting medium/large medium / large stem trees ;
- Knockdown large trees;
- Section logs
The cutting chainsaw
It is a chainsaw that is used in the following works:
- Prune branches
- Prune the hedges
- Working the shrubs
This chainsaw is used for , as its shape makes them agile and maneuverable.
Where should I use a chainsaw?
- In the garden and near the house:
If you think of using a chainsaw in an in by an enclosed area , in the garden or wherever there is a power outlet
(Electric saw McCulloch CSE 1835 1800 watt)
For jobs in the countryside or where it is not possible connect to the to the power grid
Another important thing to consider is the power of the chainsaw or electric
- The electric saws have a power that can vary from 1800W to 2000W.
- The petrol-powered chainsaws have different displacements since they have an internal combustion engine:
- From 23cc to 35cc are hobby chainsaws
- From 35cc to 46cc are intermediate chainsaws
- From 46cc to 70cc and more are chainsaws used in forestry and landscaping in a professional manner
The chainsaw is an apparatus used for cutting, sawing, cutting. It is therefore highly dangerous.
- CHAIN BRAKE It is used to interrupt the chain kick-back.
- ACCELERATOR BLOCKThe accelerator is a "trigger", able to increase the engine revs until the clutch engages and the chain moves.
- ENGINE STOP: Allows to completely stop the saw in case of danger.
- BOTTOM COVER
- ENGINE PROTECTION: The engine and all moving mechanical parts that can heat up and cause burns, are protected by a heavy plastic shell that insulates and protects against contact.
For over 75 years STIHL has set new records in the development of chainsaws. Information technology, ergonomic shape and and exemplary quality have made STIHL one of the most popular brands in the world. These tools have excellent qualities:
- Low maintenance cost
- Well built
This is because Stihl constantly invests in research and development , offering a wide range of chainsaws and electric saws , which have various powers, to satisfy both hobbyists and professional workers .
The best Stihl chainsaws
- MS : Mixed chainsaws for cutting and working in nature: Powerful chainsaws , reliable and robust but at the same time comfortable and light . Their weight ranges from 2.8 kg up to 4.9 kg.
1. MS 170
A basic model for cutting firewood. Easy to use thanks to the combined lever .
- Power (kw / HP): 1.2 / 1.6
- Weight (kg): 4.1
- Sound power level: 100 dB (A)
Moreover, this saw has a displacement equal to 30 cm3and a left/right vibration level of 5.2/5.5. The chain step is 3/8 '' inches while the length of the recommended bar length is 35 cm. Finally, the tank has a capacity of 250 cm 3 which guarantees continued performance.
Alpina is a worldwide famous Italian brand, with dealers all over Europe. It offers a wide range of gardening products to meet all the needs of its users at very competitive prices. Dynamic, elegant and easy to use, these products guarantee high-performance levels and are dedicated to all those who love taking care of their green space.
Best Alpina chainsaw
1. ALPINE CHAINSAW AT 305 C:
Alpina pruning chainsaw, ideal for pruning branches and bushes thanks to its manageability and low weight. Moreover, the carving bar simplifies the pruning operation as its long and narrow shape allows only the branches concerned to be cut without damaging the others.
- Power supply: oil/gas mixture
- Engine: 25.40 cc gas engine
- Weight: 3.20 kg
This saw is powered by a mixture (combination of oil and gasoline), it possesses a power equal to a horse and a half and 10,000 rpm. All this allows you to make extremely powerful cuts. The recommended length of the bar is 25 cm.
McCulloch was founded in 1946 in the United States by Robert Paxton McCulloch. Initially, business was focused exclusively on chainsaws, the first to debut on the market was the 3-25 model in the mid-40s. The release of this new model totally revolutionized the concept of the chainsaw. McCulloch then began to produce other gardening machines: lawnmowers, trimmers, tractors, and hedge trimmers. In 2008, McCulloch was bought by the well-known HUSQVUARNA house, a pioneer in both the engine and gardening sectors.
The McCulloch project
McCulloch products, known for their power, reliability, and longevity are designed to increase the performance and significantly reduce emissions and noise harmful to the user, so as to provide excellent performance. The OxyPower engines that are mounted on McCulloch machines have very low exhaust temperatures and thanks to this:
- The longevity of the machine increases
- Security improvement
- Increase of fuel savings
- Less environmental impact
BEST MCCULLOCH CHAINSAW
1 . McCulloch CS450 Elite (with a gas engine)
Top-of-the-range chainsaw from the Husqvarna / McCulloch group . Ideal for demanding jobs and continuous use. Technologically advanced and exponential performances. The OxyPower engine with Ecoboost tencology:
- Decreases fuel consumption by 20%
- Reduces the emission of polluting gases by 70%
- Increases the cutting power by 10%
The combined " Start and Stop " command has the following functions:
- Power on
- Air draw
- Automatic accelerator