ASH VACUUM CLEANER PURCHASE GUIDE
Written by Lara L. updated to 10/16/2018
1. Cleaning: why choose an ash vacuum cleaner
One of the main reasons why you should buy an ash vacuum cleaners is the need to remove debris and dirt after using wood stoves , traditional stoves , fireplaces , barbecues or wood-burning ovens . Ash vacuum cleaners are not different from traditional vacuum cleaner but they are very special devices, designed specifically to vacuum ashes; in fact, unlike a normal vacuum cleaner, they are more intense and equipped with a specific filter as the ash. The ash particles are so fine that they can end up clogging and damaging the engine as well.Not likely, there is a risk that the filters, but also the other elements of the device (spouts, hose, tube), could be damaged two to high temperatures. Do not forget that any incandescent may ignite and cause unpleasant and dangerous situations. On the contrary, you can find the multifunction ash-trays that can also perform the functions of a normal vacuum cleaner bin, such as collecting solids and liquids, thanks to the presence of particular accessories.
Generally, we believe that we are able to vacuum any type of ash You must know if the ash is only capable of suctioning cold ashes or if it also allows the removal of hot ashes . In this last case, this is possible thanks to the fireproof coating , the type of filter , the cooling system and the iron or steel components. For this reason, at the time of purchase, it's important to be specific about your needs.
One of the most important factors to consider when the vacuum cleaner is the capacity of the collection compartment. The capacity can Vary between 10 to 20 liters, depending on the model . Tanks of larger dimensions are the prerogatives of the multi-purpose vacuum cleaners, as well as the vacuuming of the traditional vacuum, as well as the vacuum cleaning (even fine powders) and liquids. A), a model with limited capacity will be sufficient; while if you use the fireplace or the stove every day to heat the house, we advise you to opt for a model with a higher capacity , thus avoiding having to empty the drum continuously. By principle, a good ash has a 17 liter storage compartment, while for domestic use.
The different models of ash vacuums on the market.
- The barrel is the part that stores the ash collection compartment; it has a cylindrical shape and is covered with fireproof materials. It normally weighs about 5 / 6kg.The quality of the pivoting wheels affects the stability of the vacuum, which should not only be robust. A handle is often placed on the upper part of the drum , because it is less practical and it could be blister the hands. The motor and the filtering systems are in the upper part inside the frame. The pipe connection, on the other hand, can be found in the upper part of the frame. An empty aspect of the ashes: an automatic emptying system through which you must not remove the entire head of the ash
- The lenght of the hose depends on the ashtray model. In general, it measures from 80 cm up to 100 cm: it is possible to reach hidden and distant corners where it could be insinuated, but at the same time, this could compromise its practicality. The tube must be easy to handle with an ergonomic handle, so that the user does not get tired during use.
- A lance is connected to the tube which assumes an oblique and angled shape . Some models also provide the possibility of a bathroom with the bathroom.
- The pivoting wheels should be particularly robust and allow the sliding on the various types of surfaces, such as interior and exterior floors.
Our ash vacuum, like any power tool, must be practical. But how can we understand when we are buying online and we can only judge a simple photo? Much depends on the shape of the device itself, but also on the accessories. Therefore you must make sure that it is stable and that it has an ergonomic handle and that it is easy to open, empty and clean. In fact, it is advisable to empty and clean it after use. Another important and strictly connected to the practicality of use is the range of action; t he length of the cable greatly affects the range of action. Usually the cable is 4m long, although it is possible to attatch extensions, if needed.It can be used with special cable-hooks, practical to store . The only equipment that can really make the difference is the spout , which is useful for reaching out and opening the crevices.
The performances That the vacuum is able to guarantee is strictly connected to the relationship between the depression ( the ability to lift the debris through the suction force of the vacuum cleaner) (mbar or kPa) and flow rate , Which is the quantity of air taken in for second and measured in l / sec. In general, the depression will be around 170 mbar with a 65 l / s flow rate, while a mid-range ash vacuum has a 120/140 mbar depression and a 30 l / s flow rate. A good domestic vacuum could have a 160 mbar depression and a 800/1000 watt consumption. Like all appliances, every ashtray can be more or less powerful: the pot is expressed in Watts and usually ranges from about 500 to 1400 Watts.The battery models are clearly less powerful, but more versatile, compared to those that are connected to the power outlet. In order to maintain the efficiency of the chosen appliance, it must be cleaned after every use and the filters must be kept clean. For this type of device, but also for the production of the German Tüv certification system, which is responsible for inspecting and verifying the whole business system in its various parts. If their noice level is lower than 60dB, they can be considered silent vacuum cleaners.
The most important aspects concern the filters, which protect the engine. For this reason, it is essential that the filters are clean. H igh performance vacuum cleaners have a double filter system: a metallic one that serves to protect the engine from coarse dirt, while the other in fabric or sponge that retains the finest dust that makes up the ash.
Among the various fliter systems, the HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) is the most effective filter. This is a sort of prefilter that simply serves to retain the heavier and bulky debris, while the second part is the true filter unit with cylindrical or rectangular features. Above these folds, we find a fiberglass coating: the greater its thickness, the greater the effectiveness of the filter itself. The best HEPA filter on the market is able to retain almost all the dimensions up to 0.3 microns in diameter.
How should a HEPA filter be treated, but above all how long does it last? The duration of a HEPA filter is not permanent, its duration can vary. Obviously, once the HEPA filter is no longer able to operate, it will be replaced by a new vacuum cleaner. The longevity varies from a minimum of 6 months to a maximum of 2 years, which periodically must be extracted and cleaned thoroughly.
Turbo off the machine and opening it up. This system increases its performance.
Then there are the ash separators, filtering systems without an internal motor that must be connected to the home vacuum cleaner to work. Through this connection, the ability to collect the ashes will be transmitted to the separator. These are rather cheap and practical devices.
- Lavor Ashley Kombo multifunction vacuum cleaner
- • Voltage: 230 V- 50 Hz
- • Weight: 9 Kg
- • Capacity of collection drum: 14 +14 l
- • Maximum air flow: 30 l / s
- • Suction motor: 1200 W max
- • Maximum depression: 180 mbar / 18 kPa
- • Silenced engine
- • Double electrical insulation
- • Suction system with by-pass cooling
- • Steel frame
- • 4 pivoting wheels
- • Washable cartridge filter + filter for fine powders
- • Pneumatic shaker filter
- • Blower function
- • Made in Italy
The ASHLEY KOMBO model is equipped with a 1200W motor that has 30 l / s suction power, suitable for both domestic and private settings. The steel collecting drum has a volume of 30 liters and is equipped with a triple filtering system.ASHLEY KOMBO it is equipped with a double collection tank 14 + 14 liters to allow the separation of the ash through the metal filter; it has a washable cartridge filter and nylon filter which increases its filtering capacity: it is possible to move from an efficient ash to a vacuum cleaner / vacuum cleaner by simply removing the upper section ashes. ASHLEY KOMBO is ideal for collecting ash from the fireplace, from the stove, from the barbecue without dirtying the surrounding environment.
- Karcher AD 4 Premium multi-purpose ash vacuum and solid ash bin
- • 600 W motor
There is no comment at this time.
Add Your Comment
Your email address will not be published.